Youth Group Camp JBURG Mission Trip
Time: 11:00 am
FRPC Youth Group Mission Trip To Camp Johnsonburg Presbyterian Center
Each year, Forked River Presbyterian Church Youth Group Kids and Staff spend a week camp-away mission trip at Johnsonburg Presbyterian Center. As a mission-based trip, the kids and chaperone adults provide assistance to the camp in several ways:
- Painting and clean-up of facility buildings
- Splitting and stacking firewood
- General grounds maintenance such as mulching, clearing trail debris, etc.
- Weeding and chopping underbrush
- Many other misc. maintenance duties around the camp
In return for a few hours’ work each day, the kids can then enjoy the recreational facilities at the camp at a substantially-reduced fee, such as:
- Pool & lake swimming
- High ropes and/or zip line challenge
- Hiking trails
- Dining Hall/Meeting Areas
- Game Room
- Outdoor games in the meadow areas such as whiffle ball, volleyball, soccer, etc.
They have the opportunity to use many of the camp facilities that are usually limited to full-paid campers, at a small fraction of the usual cost (because of the exchange of help that the kids provide to the camp).
Note: Only Youth Group members who have been active in fundraising events and Youth Group activities during the year will be able to attend the mission trip.
Print out the registration/permission form below- then submit to any FRPC Youth Group leader:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.